San Jose Breach of Fiduciary Duty Attorney
Gilroy Will Contest Lawyer Defending Executors in Probate Proceedings
Were you recently appointed as an executor of an estate and need help understanding your duties? Are family members challenging your decisions during a probate proceeding?
Executors have many duties and responsibilities that need to be fulfilled before, during and after the probate process. Failing to meet these responsibilities can increase tension among various parties and cause significant strife. At The Wessels Law Firm, in San Jose, California, we provide sound advice and personalized attention to executors to help reduce conflict with beneficiaries, creditors and other family members. Additionally, we can represent their interests in probate litigation.
Probate administration attorney Kai H. Wessels has more than 20 years of experience defending executors in breach of fiduciary duty, will contests and other probate issues. Contact our San Jose law firm for a free initial consultation.
Offering Advice and Counsel in a Wide Range of Probate Matters
Our law firm represents and defends executors in all probate-related matters:
- Meeting executor duties: From informing beneficiaries that a loved one has died to paying off creditors, executors have specific duties and responsibilities. We help make sure they understand and fulfill these duties in order to help avoid disputes.
- Uncovering assets: We assist executors in locating and obtaining assets for distribution.
- Breach of fiduciary duty: Failing to meet the executor responsibilities may result in claims of breach of fiduciary duty. We help protect our clients' interests and help prevent their removal as executor of an estate.
- Will contests: We assist executors in asserting the wishes of the decedent in will contest proceedings.
- Will enforcement: We help executors administer an estate according to the decedent's wishes as expressed in the will.
- Improper surcharges: We defend executors in lawsuits involving claims of improper surcharges.
- Undue influence: When an executor has been charged with undue influence, we can help protect their rights and interests in probate litigation.
Contact Us for Legal Services in Asset Protection and Estate Administration
Contact The Wessels Law Firm, in San Jose, California, today to schedule a free initial consultation with a San Jose breach of fiduciary duty lawyer. Our probate law firm provides the sound advice and strategy needed to successfully manage your legal needs.